Proactiv Skin Health and Privacy
Proactiv Skin Health Pty Ltd ABN 20 078 370 180 (Proactiv Skin Health, we, us, our
) is part of The Proactiv Company Sàrl.
) explains how we comply with Australian privacy requirements, including the Australia Privacy Principles (APPs
) in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act
Proactiv Skin Health’s system for complying with Australian privacy requirements includes:
- our commitment to compliance with privacy requirements;
- our policy and approach to privacy, as explained in this information;
- our resources allocated to privacy, including our technology systems and services; and
- our people and the training and education we undertake.
Collecting your personal information
Our business involves direct contact with consumers. When you deal with us, we collect personal information about you such as your name, your contact details, and other information about your circumstances and preferences. We also collect personal information such as billing details when needed to process an order or request. Where we do not have your personal information, we are not able to contact you or process your orders and requests.
We collect this information when we ask you for it and you provide it (including when you call our Customer Care team or otherwise contact us with a comment or query, order one of our products, enter a competition or subscribe to one of our newsletters).
We may also collect your personal information from other companies in the The Proactiv Company Sàrl and third parties (such as suppliers, agencies, contractors, our clients and business partners) to enable us to contact you and offer our products and services to you, and in doing so we comply with requirements including providing a facility to allow you to indicate your preferences in relation to contact. We may also collect information about you from publicly available resources, including your publicly available social media profiles.
If you use social media features made available to you from our website, it may result in information being collected or shared with us by that social media platform.
The collection and use by a social media platform of any information provided to that social media platform will be governed by the privacy policies of that social media platform and not this policy.
We do not usually collect sensitive information, such as information about your health, racial or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious beliefs or affiliations. We will only collect such information if required in a specific situation and with your consent, or otherwise in accordance with the Privacy Act.
Like many companies, we use technology and tools that tell us when a computer or device has visited or accessed our content. Those tools include services from search engines and other companies that help us to tailor our products and services to better suit our customers and potential customers. Search engines provide facilities to allow you to indicate your preferences in relation to the use of those tools in connection with computers and other devices controlled or used by you.
We may combine information we collect and/or submit directly to use with information obtained from social media platforms, third party providers or publicly available information.
Using your personal information
We use your personal information for our business and activities, and in our efforts to expand and improve our business. Examples include:
- to provide you with marketing communications and invitations and offers for products and services including new products and services that we have not offered before but we believe may be of interest to you (and we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out) and to assist in developing new products and services;
- to respond to and process your requests such as for information, product, services, including managing your online accounts with us and providing warranty service where this applies to products;
- to administer promotional programmes, such as competitions, rewards and rebate programmes, including exclusive member offers linked to our product clubs;
- to operate programmes and forums in different media in which you are able to share information, including your personal information, with us and publicly (on the Terms applicable);
- to determine if you are eligible for certain products, services or offers;
- for a business or professional relationship we may have with you;
- if you apply for employment with us, to consider your application;
- for our research and development efforts;
- to amend records to remove personal information; for product safety, such as to communicate product safety information to you;
- for other everyday business purposes that involve use of personal information.
If we use your personal information to contact you and you would prefer that we not, please let us know and we will do our best to respect your preference.
When your choice is to continue to deal with us, we take it that you agree to and consent to our using your personal information in these ways, providing we follow the system and approach we explain in this Policy and comply with the law.
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes without your consent.
Storing and disclosing your personal information
We use various systems and services to safeguard the personal information we store, as part of our business systems and processes.
In using your personal information, we may pass on your personal information:
- to others, like our agents, contractors and service providers, who help us to provide services to you;
- to other companies in The Proactiv Company Sàrl;
- in other ways that come up in our business from time to time.
Your personal information may be held and processed overseas by other companies in The Proactiv Company Sàrl or our service providers. The Proactiv Company Sàrl is headquartered in the United States. If we propose to disclose personal information elsewhere overseas in the future, we will do so in compliance with the Privacy Act and, where practicable, will advise you of the countries in which overseas recipients are likely to be located.
When we pass on or share your personal information in this way, we take steps to ensure it is treated in the same way that we would treat it.
By providing your personal information to us, you consent to us disclosing your personal information to any such overseas recipients for purposes necessary or useful in the course of operating our business, and agree that APP 8.1 will not apply to such disclosures. For the avoidance of doubt, in the event that an overseas recipient breaches the APPs, that entity will not be bound by, and you will not be able seek redress under, the Privacy Act. Please let us know if you do not want us to disclose your information to overseas recipients.
We do our best to keep our records of your personal information up-to-date and accurate and not to keep personal information that is no longer needed.
We also share with others and disclose information from which personal information has been removed so that no privacy is affected.
We sometimes have to pass on personal information for legal or safety reasons or other special circumstances where required or permitted by law.
We will destroy or de-identify personal information once it is no longer needed for a valid purpose or required to be kept by law.
Contact with Proactiv Skin Health about your personal information
You may wish to contact Proactiv Skin Health to access your personal information, to seek to correct it or to make a complaint about privacy. Our privacy email contact address is firstname.lastname@example.org
and further contact details for Proactiv Skin Health are set out below.
Proactiv Skin Health Pty Ltd
Level 2, 3 Rider Boulevard
Rhodes NSW 2138
Phone: 1800 500 903
We will respond as soon as we reasonably can including, in the case of access and correction requests, if we are unable to provide you with access (such as when we no longer hold or use the information) or do not agree a correction is needed.
We do not impose any charge for a request for access, but we may charge you a reasonable fee for our costs associated with providing you with access and retrieval costs.
For complaints about privacy, we will establish in consultation with you a reasonable process, including time frames, for seeking to resolve your complaint.
If you are dissatisfied with the handling of your complaint, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
Phone: 1300 363 992
Last updated: September 2016